Sunday, October 21, 2007

just another sunday

Earlier this week I finished Coraline by Neil Gaiman. This is another YA book. It is about a young girl exploring an alternate world in a flat next door to hers, inhabited by her "other mother" and "other father" and by the other folks that share the apartment building she lives in. I liked the nice touch about the cat that can be in both places. It was a good read, and I liked the part about being brave and overcoming fears. One might be wondering if all I read is YA books...nope but they are usually good stories, and lately, ones I haven't encountered before... I do find the sci fi ones particularly enchanting.

I'm also keeping busy with my socks.. altho I have no new pix to upload to show. I'm busiest with my hogwarts socks as I'm on deadline.. plus I want to get them done so I can cast on some new socks I'll be telling you about.

I'm also busy uploading my stash and project info to Ravelry. My ID is knittinggardener (go figure). I upload a few things and then I get distracted by looking all around. I think I've put 10k items into faves. A girl just has to have goals.

No comments: