Tuesday, July 24, 2007

updated rain garden photos



The plants are doing well and Gretchen sure likes to watch all the butterflies that come by. I'm very happy with my rain garden. We added a recycled glass mulch layer around the edges to keep out the grass. The only plants not doing as well are the red cardinal flowers (lobelia cardinalis) but they really like a lot more rain than we've seen. Want to know more about rain gardens? Just email me and ask. They are easy to install... fairly easy to maintain and they help you do your part in storm water reduction. I'd like to do a rain garden for all my knitting friends.
and just in case you think all i'm doing is gardening.... I've finished one gold and purple sock and one of my death by sock socks. need to post pics... always a step behind on that one. also, I found out who my hogwarts sock pal is... seems to be a cousin. Am I excited or what. I just need to pick out a pattern and go go go!

No comments: