The questionairre has arrived.... whew looks to be pretty detailed.. but I'm totally psyched!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? My favorite yarns to knit with...hmmm.. mission fall wools. I love the color choices for big projects. and I like rowan. and I like blue sky alpacas... ok, I give, I pretty much like them all. Not a big fan of the fake furs, etc.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? ha! a big bag. not sorted at all. it is a silly game I play with myself everytime I need to find myself a new pair, and me, a sewer? and I haven't fixed the problem.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting since fourth grade. My grandmother taught me. I haven't really pushed myself on hard projects--call it laziness--so with some skills I am still at the beginner to intermediate level.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I keep wish lists on my blog...
5. What's your favorite scent? almost anything Origins has to offer, but their spring fever is one of my favorites, followed closely by their ginger line.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? SURE I love Brachs milk maid flavored caramels... and peanut m&ms.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I love to quilt and make art dolls. I really want to learn to spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I like chick music: christine kane, dolly parton, bonnie raitt, dixie chicks... but I also like dwight yoakum, lyle lovett..
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? this summer my favs are blue and lime green. who knows this fall? I'm finding that over time I'm trending towards brighter colors.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married, with a 21 yr old daughter. I have two cats and one dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? YES to all.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? today it is socks. tomorrow I want to try some fitted sweaters.
13. What are you knitting right now? socks and an afghan
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? it totally depends upon the project, but I do think I reach for my addi's more than anything else.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? no
17. How old is your oldest UFO? not admitting
18. What is your favorite holiday? halloween
19. Is there anything that you collect? zena moon candles..ok, don't collect them, just want them all.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I keep that on my wish list.. I subscribe to Knitters, IK
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? dying wools and intarsia
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? yes, 8.5" long and 8.5" circumference
23. When is your birthday? coming up soon... 8/24
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? hopefully soon she sighs...