Sunday, June 29, 2008
Can you believe all this rockin' cool stuff my Loopy Pal from Rolla, MO sent me? Coffee, multiple treats, an awesome lacy scarf I can already picture 3 outfits to wear with it-summer and winter!
this totally cool bag that so says summer? does she think I'm going to use it just for knittin'? heck no. this is my July bag for sure! note pads, pattern tamers!!! a cute little sock she knitted in one of my fav colors--already went onto my key ring. and great ravelry buttons. and check out the amazing stitch markers she made--aren't they beautiful? and malabrigo lace yarn. My partner rocks!
and just in time. with all the crisis around my house this last two weeks, I definitely needed a pal who could read my mind. now I need to get my bum in gear and fulfill my promises and bargains. Thanks Loopy Pal!
Monday, June 23, 2008
Books Books Books and even more books. all I did during the summer as a kid was read. then as soon as I was given permission to ride my bike to the lake, I rode to the lake and read. then drove and read. I loved water and books--still do!
Monday, June 9, 2008
I really like to make socks, so I love the indies. and in the summer I really really like to work with bamboo. it is sooo nice. I'm not a fan of some non animal fibers.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? a big horrible bag that needs to be organized. blech.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? since my Gma taught me as a child. it depends upon the project... intermediate probably.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? see the sidebar? I'm greedy!
5. What's your favorite scent? I love almost anything if it is a true natural scent. fragrance oils and perfumes give me headaches. so essential oils? Yummy! lavendar, rosemary, sandalwood....
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? brach's milk maid butter rums. no chocolate for me, migraine inducing. altho I have been known to steal a peanut m&m once in awhile....
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I'd love to learn to spin. I quilt, stamp, collage, sew, embroider. garden garden garden
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD). I just ordered a brand new sansdisk! I like country, a little of this and a little of that... chick music, bonnie raitt, dixie chicks.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? orange, green, blue; not a big fan of muddy brown.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married with a 22 yr old daughter. I have two dogs and two cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves, hats and shawls.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? socks.
13. What are you knitting right now? socks and shawls.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? AWESOME!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?circular, bamboo, unless ADDIS
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? NO, rats.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?EEP, > 5, that is all I'm saying for now.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween.
19. Is there anything that you collect? besides Yarn? and garden plants? fat quarters?
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? see wish list on the side.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? combo knitting
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, 8.6" long, 8 around.
23. When is your birthday? August 24
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? knittinggardener
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
a beautiful coloumbine, sweet williams, jacob's ladder, poppy and peony buds, alliums galore, irises, daisies, ganzanias, and a happy cat. did I miss something? got questions? let me know.
Dean has become an awesome photographer, I appreciate being able to take advantage of his work! Our garden looks even better when he takes the shots!
Raining, again..... nice that we don't have to water, but the ground sure is saturated and we have some plants not fairing so well with all this water... like the caladiums in the backyard... they are drowning. I think I might have to pull them out of the ground and temporarily into pots. We'll see how they look later this week, if I can wait that long.